January 8, 2019
The Traeger Squat Workout
Ready for a great workout? Sometimes the best way to get in a workout is with something you already have on hand.
Check out this guide to the Traeger Squat Workout – you’ll love it!
This mini-workout is not only fun, but it’s a fast workout that brings fast results. If you’re struggling with your exercise routine, give these a try!
When you do this workout, you’ll work your gluteus maximus, quadriceps and lower back muscles as you sling a bag of pellet fuel over your shoulder and then lower into a body-changing squat.
The next time, you’re grilling outside, you can workout while your healthy meal is on your Traeger grill. You’ll multi-task like a pro while getting a cardio workout that also firms your lower body.
Grab a 20 lb. bag of Traeger pellets. (You can also use any heavy bag of charcoal.)
- Plant your feet firmly on the ground, shoulder width apart.
- Swing the charcoal onto your shoulders, gripping an edge of the bag with each hand (the bag is behind your neck).
- Point your elbows toward the ground.
- Pull your shoulder blades together and relax your shoulders.
- Keep your chest up and back straight throughout.
- Push your bottom behind you and press your weight into your feet to start the squat.
- Bend your knees, making sure to keep them behind the toes.
- Squat as if you were sitting in a chair as low as possible.
- Hold for five seconds.
- Press through your heels and stand back up.
- Do 10-15 squats per set. Three sets is a good goal, but be sure to rest a minute in-between sets.
As a variation, you can lift the bag of charcoal onto your shoulders and walk steps. This is also a great exercise!
Make exercise a regular habit, and you’ll soon be feeling great every day. Squats are a terrific way to get strong and stay that way! As with any exercise, please check with a doctor before starting.
Photo: Bruno Nascimento
Source Info: Traeger Grills