BioGuard 3-Step Program
Keep your pool sparkling clear by following three easy steps.
The BioGuard 3-Step Program
We think pool care should be easy and with the BioGuard 3-Step program it is just that. Keep your pool sparkling clear by following three easy steps.
BioGuard’s 3-Step Program is ideal for:
– Pools of any size or surface type
– Pools that use chlorinators or skimmers with proper water flow
– Pump circulation 10 to 24 hours per day
Now that’s peace of mind that ensures you’ll never miss a moment again in your pool. Stop by and chat with your friendly, helpful BioGuard pool expert and learn exactly how the program works or keep on reading for more details.
See details below for your sanitizing method.
Traditional Chlorine Pools
Step 1: Sanitize to clean water
BioGuard’s SilkGuard Complete™ Tabs and SilkGuard Complete™ Sticks enhanced with SilkGuard® Technology keep pool water sanitized and velvety smooth. They are available in 3″ tabs, 1″ tabs and sticks. SilkGuard Tabs and SilkGuard Sticks:
– Kill bacteria
– Control algae
– Slow-dissolving sanitizers
– Contain SunShield® Technology so that chlorine is protected from sunlight for long-lasting sanitization of pool water
Step 2: Shock to remove contaminants
Keep pool water clear with BioGuard Smart Shock®
– Kills bacteria
– Kills algae; contains blue algae-fighting crystals
– Clarifies the water using a filter enhancer
– Buffers pH to provide brilliantly clear water with no cloudy residue and without increasing pH
– No need to pre-dissolve
Step 3: Algae killing and prevention
Prevent algae before it starts with Algae Complete™
– BioGuard’s most complete and best preforming algicide
– Dual active ingredients to both prevent and kill algae
– No need to pre-dissolve
– Non-staining and non-foaming
Saltwater pools are favored for their simpler and gentler approach to pool care, but they do have some unique needs when compared to traditional chlorine pools. BioGuard offers two unique pool care programs that enhance the saltwater experience.
Look to a certified salt pool expert. A Certified Salt Pool Expert has been trained to understand exactly what is needed to keep a salt pool performing at peak condition. They also understand why you chose a salt pool in the first place and will work hard to maintain your satisfaction with that choice.
The Mineral Springs Program
The Mineral Springs system utilizes easy-to-apply minerals and a chlorine generator to produce a chlorine sanitizer. It takes only five minutes a week to maintain – in fact, once you’ve begun the system, you only have to add the Renewal® product once a week. That’s it!
BioGuard’s Mineral Springs Program is ideal for:
– Pools equipped with any chlorine generator
– Frequent travelers or vacation-takers
– Those looking for the luxuries of a mineral pool
– Pools of any size or surface
Two easy steps!
Beginnings® – A proprietary blend of minerals added to pool water at start-up
Renewal® – Replenish mineral levels and adjust pH, keeping water soft and clear
Stain and Scale – Stain and Scale protects your pool and equipment from scale formation
SaltScapes® Saltwater Pool Care
SaltScapes Saltwater Pool Care was designed specifically for saltwater pools and provides everything you need to keep your saltwater sparkling and protect your equipment and pool surfaces. It adds the basic prevention and remedy solutions that saline generators require with an eye to keeping maintenance requirements to a minimum.
BioGuard SaltScapes Saltwater Pool Care is ideal for:
– Those looking for “salt-specific” products intended for use in saltwater pools only
– Easy maintenance and treatment of salt pool needs
– Pools equipped with any chlorine generator and pools of any size or surface
The SoftSwim® Program
Soft, clear, chlorine-free water is easy to achieve. That’s the philosophy behind SoftSwim. It’s the reason pool owners everywhere are making the big switch to non-chlorine pool care.
BioGuard’s SoftSwim Program is ideal for:
– Not more than 25,000 gallons
– Excellent circulation, using a sand filter
– Pump operates at least 12 hours per day
– Pool has a bottom drain
– In-ground or above-ground
– Any surface type, but especially great for all vinyl-lined pools
You don’t have to be an exact match with these descriptions to be a good candidate for SoftSwim. It’s best to talk with your BioGuard® Dealer. They’ll direct you to the best program for you and your pool.
It’s as easy as A-B-C!
Step A: Prevent Algae Growth
Using an effective algicide is an important first step in your pool care regimen for inhibiting and controlling the growth of algae.
– Add it to your pool every two weeks to keep algae in check.
– Withstands evaporation from direct sunlight
– Works harder in high temperatures
– Supports the effectiveness of other SoftSwim products when used on a regular basis
Step B: Sanitize to Kill Bacteria
This is a step you don’t want to miss when keeping your pool primed for good times in the sun.
– Kills bacteria
– Contains biguanide — the key ingredient that makes this program so different than chlorine-based sanitizers
– Will not degrade in sunlight
Step C: Oxidize and Clarify for Sparkling Clear Water
Use SoftSwim C on a monthly basis to maintain clarity. Our powerful clarifier and oxidizer helps you keep the sparkle in your water longer by removing contaminants that can cause cloudiness.
– Stabilized formula lasts longer
– Clears your pool water by eliminating body oils, perspiration and other undesirable contaminants that can affect clarity and sparkle