Monday - Friday: 9am – 6pm
Saturday: 9am – 5pm
Service & Construction: Mon-Fri: 8am-5pm | Call 316-722-4311
Doughboy’s pool frames are designed to last.
More than 70 years ago, Doughboy forever changed outdoor family entertainment with the introduction of the first portable, storable, above ground swimming pool. Since then, they have earned a worldwide reputation for creating and maintaining the highest standards of design, engineering and service. Doughboy offers above ground pools which are sure to match your unique style.
Doughboy is the only above-ground pool manufacturer that produces virgin-vinyl liner material made to original Doughboy specifications. Liners are available in a variety of decorative patterns. All Doughboy liners exceed industry standards for weight and thickness. Doughboy liners are a “True Mil” measure. Don’t be confused by the “gauge” game other competitors play. Some will call their liner 20 gauge or 20 weight when they really measure only 15 mil (.015″). All Doughboy liners have a 100% lifetime warranty on the liner seam.
Steel or Resin
With Doughboy, your choice between the two are equal. Doughboy pool frames are designed to last, whether they are made from steel
or resin. The only choice you will need to make is deciding which of our beautifully designed pools you want in your backyard.
A Doughboy Exclusive – Their Zinc Clad Hot-Dipped Galvanized Steel Wall receives numerous protective coatings, along with a special epoxy coating on the inside of the pool wall providing the best defense against corrosion and condensation. Made from heavier copper bearing steel than industry standards for a stronger pool wall. Doughboy’s walls are 30-60 lbs. heavier than other brands.
Go from green grass to blue water in only 4 days.
Doughboy’s resin pool frames provide an elegant, smooth finish along with unparalleled strength and durability that will not rust. All of Doughboys rugged resin components are backed by a 100% Non-Prorated Lifetime Warranty.
Doughboy’s steel frame pools provide more protective layers, coatings, and treatments to offer the ultimate protection against corrosion and abrasion.
Doughboy’s vinyl liners offer consumers a high-quality, longer-lasting liner, and a better warranty, which gives dealers fewer problems and more satisfied customers. Therma-Seal™ Technology is a sealing technique that provides durability and supreme quality. Doughboy is so confident with this process that they cover their liner seams with a 100% lifetime warranty. The rest of the liner is covered by a 20-30 year warranty.
Premium Doughboy liners are heavier than most in-ground liners sold today. There are 3 major reasons to purchase a Doughboy liner over a low-cost commodity liner:
– Doughboy liners are a “True Mil” measure of either 20 or 25 mil. Don’t be confused by the “gauge” game other competitors play. Some will call their liner 20 gauge or 20 weight when they really measure only 15 mil (.015″).
– Doughboy liners are typically 40%-80% heavier in both weight and thickness.
– Doughboy liners have the same weight and thickness on both the sidewall and the bottom. Commodity liners typically have thicker, heavier sidewall than bottoms. Commodity liner manufacturers do this to reduce the price of the liner, but only advertise the sidewall thickness which can be misleading.
– Doughboy liners are manufactured with heavier vinyl material and will last 50% -90% longer than commodity liners.
– Doughboy liners protect the sidewall and bottom of the liner from tears, rips, punctures, and holes caused by foreign objects in the soil, objects on clothing, windblown objects, lawn care debris, and entry system (ladders & step) contact on the bottoms and sidewalls.
Raw Material Make-Up:
There are 3 major ingredients in the chemical makeup of a vinyl liner:
1. PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride) is the main building block that goes into creating vinyl liners. PVC makes up 50%-60% of the total raw ingredients.
2. Plasticizer (petroleum-based oil) is another key ingredient that makes up 35%-40% of the total raw ingredients. This ingredient determines the flexibility of the liner and increases its chemical resistance and life span.
3. Inert Materials (calcium carbonate – a.k.a. clay) and Stabilizers make up 11%-30% of the total raw material ingredients.
Doughboy liners have increased levels of plasticizer and low levels of calcium carbonate. Typically raw material plasticizer costs are 4-5 times more per pound than calcium carbonate. Doughboy liners, with increased levels of plasticizer, will remain flexible during the life of the liner providing a wrinkle-free installation and minimizing UV fading. Commodity liners use a lower level of plasticizer (to save money) therefore compromising the quality of the liner.
Liner Life Span:
When comparing the purchase of Doughboy liners to commodity liners (calculated over the life span of the liner), Doughboy liners usually last 10-15 years. Commodity liners typically last 2-5 years. Both incur the same cost for installation, water and labor.
“Within the pool industry there is a large range of vinyl liners sold. Liners are typically sold by quality, cost, and design. However, often times the consumer isn’t fully educated on the quality of the liner they are purchasing.” – Doughboy
For more than 65 years Doughboy has maintained its reputation by building the highest-quality pools and products.
Complete your backyard oasis with these superior Doughboy accessories built with the same famous product quality as our pools.
Weekly maintenance? Pool inspection? General repairs? Fill out the Service Form to get the ball rolling!
Contact Service Department
Let us assist in maintaining & enhancing your pool experience for season-long use with our full inventory of pool equipment!
Let our water care experts at Ultra Modern help you & your pool achieve perfect balance.