BioGuard Strip Kwik
BioGuard Strip Kwik is an effective degreaser that unclogs your sand, cartridge and DE filter, restoring it to optimal efficiency. Its patented formula quickly cuts through the thickest oil, grease, dirt, and other contaminant buildup on your filter elements to greatly extend its lifespan, saving you money over the course of the pool season. BioGuard Strip Kwik also is able to clean your filter in about an hour instead of overnight soaking like its competitors. Best of all, this product is made right here in the USA to ensure the highest quality, allowing you to buy with confidence.
Protect and maintain your pool. From filter, tile and surface cleaners to pool cover cleaner and preservative – keep your pool environment new and inviting! Having a regular cleaning schedule will help to keep you on track and increase the lifetime of your pool and pool equipment. Does cleaning my filter really make that much of a difference? Yes! Having a clean filter makes a significant impact on the quality of your pool’s water. A clean filter allows for proper filtration which is essential to achieving and maintaining safe, crystal clear water.
- Removes grease and oil from filter by acting as a shampoo
- Reduces maintenance costs
- Works on all filters (D.E., cartridge, and sand)
- Formula lengthens the life of the filter media
- Should be used at pool opening and closing
- Follow dosing instructions on label for your filter type
- 1 qt (946 ml)
- Check out more pool cleaning products here
DE and Cartridge Filters:
- Rinse the cartridge or element with a garden hose prior to applying product. Using a clean spray bottle with full strength product, evenly coat elements or cartridge. Wait 10 minutes; then using a garden hose, thoroughly rinse for 5 minutes. Then, using a large clean plastic bucket, soak for 1 hour in a solution of 1 part Strip Kwik to 3 parts water. Rinse thoroughly with a garden hose before use.
Sand Filter Initial Dose:
- Remove any chlorine product from the skimmer prior to product application. If the pool is equipped with a chemical feeder (chlorinator or brominator) this device should be turned off by closing the inlet valve prior to product application. Backwash the filter as normal. Turn off pump. Pour the appropriate amount of product directly into the skimmer. See the chart on the bottle for the exact amount to use with your filter type. Turn the pump on long enough to allow product to move into the filter. Turn pump off. Wait 1 hour with pump off. With the filter selector in the backwash position, turn the pump on and backwash until waste water is clear. Do not allow product to return to the pool.
Sand Filter Maintenance Dose:
- This product can be used at every backwash to prevent the buildup of grease and oil. Remove any chlorine product from the skimmer. If the pool is equipped with a chemical feeder (chlorinator or brominator) this device should be turned off by closing the inlet valve prior to using this product. While the filter is backwashing, add 8 ounces of product directly to the skimmer. Do not allow product to return to the pool. Continue backwashing until the waste water is clear.