The Ultimate Experience: Soothing Mind and Body
Aches, pains, stress, and worries. Add the colder, darker months of fall and winter, and depression and anxiety can set in.
This is a great time to indulge in ongoing self care. We invite you to enjoy the ultimate experience of soothing mind and body in a Caldera Spa.Having a spa in your own backyard can help you relax and refresh mentally and emotionally. It can melt your physical tension while it soothes your cares away.
In fact, we think buying and having a hot tub is the best investment you can make in your physical, mental, and emotional self. Let’s dive into how you can create your very own spa experience right at home.
Bring the Spa Experience Home
Today is YOUR day. It’s your day to indulge in your own self care – it’s DIY spa day. Here’s how to go about it:
- Clear your schedule.
- Make this whole day be about your self-care.
- Put away your cellphone and other devices.
- If you want it use your phone for music, put on your “do not disturb,” and resist the urge to check email or visit Instagram.
- Prepare your favorite drink of water or tea – infuse it with fresh fruit or veggies.
- Well before spa day, make sure your spa is warm and ready and crystal clear. (Tip: we can help you with your spa water and service.)
- Set out some candles.
- Add some aromatherapy to your hot tub but be sure it’s the kind designed for hot tubs.
- Make a relaxing playlist.
- Pick a great book to relax with after your soak.
- Set out some cozy lounge clothes and slippers for after your spa.
- After your soak, take a nap.
- Plan your spa day in advance so it goes just as planned.
Soothing Your Body in the Hot Tub
There’s nothing quite like a hot tub soak to clear your mind of any stress and anxiety. It also gets rid of tension caused by stress in your muscles and helps you relax all over.
When mind and body are relaxed, you feel better. Check out these tips for enhancing your hot tub soak.
- Soak in your hot tub and use your jets for a superb massage.
- After a few minutes, do some gentle stretches for your joints and your back.
- Give yourself a gentle face massage as the steam from the hot tub loosens pores.
- Lie back and relax in the warmth.
- Leave the jets on to continue your massage experience.
- Then, turn them off to sink into the quiet stillness and relax.
Soothing Your Mind in the Hot Tub
- As you soak, close your eyes and quietly inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Repeat.
- While breathing naturally, think about every part of your body, moving slowly from your toes all the way to the top of your head. Take note of how you feel.
- Let your mind become still and clear like the water.
Soothing mind and body on a regular basis is one of the keys to a healthy life. Don’t let your spa day be the only one you have this month. Try to repeat it on an ongoing basis. While it doesn’t have to be an all day affair, try to set aside 20 minutes each day just for you.
Not only will you feel better, but you’ll have more energy and enjoy life more fully!
Don’t have your own hot tub? Or, are you ready for an upgrade? We can help!