October 26, 2018
Chicago Style Hot Dogs
Blow your friends away with these Windy City franks. Just as flavorful as the original Chicago street meat, you’ll love that these Chicago Style Hot Dogs are fully loaded and made in your own back yard!
- 8 All-Beef Natural Casing Hot Dogs
- 8 High-Quality Hot Dog Buns with Poppy Seeds, Sliced
- Yellow Mustard to taste
- 1/2 cup Sweet Green Pickle Relish
- 1 cup Onion, Diced
- 2 Ripe Tomatoes, Each Cored and Sliced into 8 Wedges
- 8 Home-Style Dill Pickle Spears
- 16 Pickled Sport Peppers or Drained Pepperoncini
- Celery Salt to taste
When ready to cook, start the grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 400F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Arrange the hot dogs on the grill grate and grill, turning every 5 minutes, until sizzling hot, 15 to 20 minutes.
In the meantime, warm the hot dog buns on the grill grate.
To assemble the sandwiches, put a hot dog in each bun. Give the dog a squirt of mustard. Top with pickle relish and onion. Wedge 2 pieces of tomato between the bun and the hot dog on one side, and put a pickle spear on the other side. Lay 2 sport peppers on top and give the sandwich a sprinkle of celery salt.
Recipe and photo: Traeger Grills