Create the Ultimate Outdoor Party Space
The ultimate outdoor party space is right here! It’s the perfect time to take your dinner party outside.
Why bother with a traditional, inside, formal dinner party when you can enjoy the ambiance of your very own backyard?
Family gatherings and parties with friends are moving away from the dining room and straight outside. Why?
Your backyard room provides a more casual, intimate setting. People enjoy spending their time outside relaxing, away from the stresses of everyday life.
You can gather around a cozy seating area for conversation while the kids play in the grass or swim in the pool. Add a glowing fire table, and you’ve upped the ambiance in your backyard room.
In this article we look at how to create the ultimate outdoor party space.
Tips to Get Your Backyard Ready
- Choose ultra-plush and comfortable seating. When you provide a cozy seating area, you encourage your guests to relax, sink in and stay awhile. Comfortable, deep seating encourages a long, intimate evening.
- Create multiple gathering areas. Create a few focal areas for smaller groups to gather and hang out. You’ll encourage mingling and conversation. If you have the space, you can even create an area for the children and one for the teens.
- Accessorize! Items like side tables, buffet carts, and rugs add a finished touch to your outdoor room. Ottomans are a nice accessory that can also be used as additional seating. Bottom line – outfit your outdoor room as you would the living room inside your home.
- Don’t forget the little details. If your party is during the day, ensure that you have adequate shade to make your guests more comfortable. If your party is during the evening hours, add lighting. Hang some string lights and bring out the candles. Citronella is a good choice if your area is buggy.
- Play music. You’ll up the ambiance quotient if you play music while entertaining. Consider creating a play list just for the event.
- Add a fire pit. It can be the centerpiece of your outdoor room. Just imagine sitting around the fire with close friends, gazing at the stars and enjoying a nice meal. In addition, because the fire pit provides warmth on chilling evenings, it helps you extend your outdoor entertaining season.
Enjoying friends and family in nature is captivating when you add the right elements to your outdoor space.
When creating the ultimate outdoor party space, consider how you’ll use the space when you entertain both small and large groups. Take into consideration the climate and choose functional, comfortable and beautiful items.
Make your outdoor space your own. Give it the tender care you would give the inside of your home, and you’re sure to create a space that is enjoyable by both your family and your friends.
With these tips and tricks, you’re well on your way to choosing outdoor entertaining pieces that make your party planning a breeze.
Check out our selection of fine outdoor furniture, from a multitude of fire pit sizes, to super comfortable and stylish seating. Let us help you create a space to wow you party goers.