Doughboy Above Ground Pool Planning Guide
Getting ready to put an above ground pool in your backyard?
While it is much simpler than digging up your yard for an inground pool, there are a few things to consider in the planning stage.
Check out our Doughboy above ground pool planning guide.
Choose the Site
You want to choose the right location for your above ground swimming pool. Here are some things to consider when it comes to placement:
- A flat spot is the easiest to prepare. But, you can install your pool on sloping hillside if you cut into the hillside and build a retaining wall.
- Put your pool close to power so you can plug in a pump.
- You probably want the pool close to the house so you can watch swimmers from a window.
- Watch your sprinkler heads – you don’t want to put it on top of them.
- Check with local building codes to make sure you put the pool the right distance from property lines and roads.
- Avoid areas where any cables or pipes might be buried.
- Assess the overhead area and steer clear of power lines and trees.
- Decide how much privacy you want.
- Stand at your backdoor, look out and decide where the safest place is for your pool.
- Consider how close you want it to your deck or patio.
- Pick a sunny location without overhanging trees. Leaves in the pool are messy!
- You also want good drainage away from the pool and not towards your home.
Prep the Site
You want to make sure the site you choose for your above ground swimming pool is level.
If it’s not, you’ll want to level it either with a shovel or heavy equipment if needed.
Installation itself isn’t hard, but it is a big job and one that is easier with the help of a couple people.
When it comes to a Doughboy pool, follow the instructions exactly to ensure the pool warranty remains in effect.
Here are a few more tips:
- CALL 811 before you dig!
- Read all of your instructions before beginning.
- Plan for three-five days for pool assembly and installation.
- Avoid windy days.
- Check to make sure you have all of your parts. If not, contact us.
- Don’t make any changes ot the pool – it voids the warranty.
- Pack your soil before placing your pool.
Lastly, make sure you are completely happy with your installation before doing any landscaping around the pool.
Need more help? Contact us!