To prevent any number of infectious diseases during the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s never been more important to open your pool and hot tub early, maintain proper water chemistry at all times, and keep your filters clean.
And we are here to help. As an essential business, you can count on us to help you take care of your pool and hot tub all season long with the best service and chemicals in Wichita.
Let’s look at how to take care of your pool and hot tub during the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to the CDC*, COVID-19 cannot survive in properly treated pool and hot tub water. In addition, the World Health Organization states that controlling water quality is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases.
During this crisis it is important that pool and hot tub owners properly maintain their pools and spas.
The Importance of Pool & Spa Professional Maintenance
We can help you keep your pool and spa water clean and ready to swim and soak. The CDC says:
- The maintenance of properly sanitized swimming pools and other artificial bodies of water is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases and help maintain community health.
- Without proper pool maintenance (which includes circulation and treatment of water) various germs which are present in feces —like e. coli — can grow. It can also create a breeding ground for mosquitoes, other pests and the diseases they may carry. This presents a risk not only to bathers but to the entire community at large.
- As children and families across the country are being asked to reduce outside contact or even shelter at home, and gyms and other public facilities are closing, the backyard pool, spa or hot tub provides a fun way for families to focus on their health and well-being. These pools and hot tubs should be properly maintained by a service professional to ensure proper sanitation measures are taking place.
- Pool maintenance should be performed by an industry professional. In this case, it’s your trusted pros at Ultra Modern!
When Treating Your Own Pool or Hot Tub
If you are attempting to treat your own pool, the CDC and Ultra Modern Pool and Patio recommend using and purchasing the best quality pool and spa chemicals. Please be sure to read the entire label and follow all manufacturer instructions when applying and storing chemicals. Additionally, wear gloves and googles and store chemicals and material in a safe, secure place.
- You can use many of the chemicals we sell can for surface disinfection, drinking water treatment, and more. Be sure to ask!
- Don’t forget we offer curbside pick-up, delivery, and at home service!
As always, during this COVID-19 pandemic (and after), please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions!