How to Keep Dirt Out of Your Hot Tub
You might find that sometimes dirt, leaves and other debris get into your hot tub no matter what you do.
While you can always put your cover back on and rinse your feet before entering the hot tub, sometimes it just happens. So, what do you do?
In this article, we look at how to keep dirt out of your hot tub.
The Spa Vacuum Works
Top of our list, once the dirt gets in, is the spa vacuum. It’s an easy way to clean your hot tub with very little effort or mess involved.
You’ll find various types on the market today. Stop by one of our locations to see them in person.
More Cleaning Methods
For the best experience and sparkling clean water every time you soak, follow these methods for cleaning the rest of your hot tub:
- Use a mild non-abrasive, non-sudsing cleaner and a soft rag or nylon scrubber to remove dirt build-up. We especially like BioGuard’s Off the Wall Cleaner.
- You can use baking soda to clean very small surface areas.
- Apply a shell cleaner to keep your spa shell spiny.
- To clean your cover, first, take it off and spray it gently with your garden hose to loosen any dirt and debris. Then, use a cover cleaner to clean it.
Attend to Your Filter Cartridges
Mineral particles or calcification from hard water can clog any water filtration system, so follow these light cleaning tips each month to keep your spa’s water flowing properly.
- Spray each cartridge with a garden hose, rotating while spraying to thoroughly remove any debris between filter pleats.
- Use filter cleaner to keep your filters clean and in good operating condition.
- Cleaning your filters helps keep water running smoothly, but you should also replace your filters every three years with genuine Watkins replacement filters
Have questions or need help on how to keep dirt out? Contact our service department today.