June 27, 2019
Ready for Your Pool & BBQ Party?
The Fourth of July is almost here! It’s time to throw the ultimate pool party and BBQ right in your backyard – one your guests will remember!
It’s a classic barbecue day with family and friends, eating your favorite American food. There’s lots of celebrating America, fireworks, and red, white, and blue.
Throwing a backyard pool party is a great way to celebrate the Fourth of July and a cool one, too. We encourage you to take this day to relax by the pool with friends and family! Are you ready for your pool and BBQ party?
Follow these steps when planning your Fourth of July pool and BBQ party:
- Clean your pool! You want to make sure your pool is crystal clear and clean for the big day. Bring us a water sample for free testing in our computerized Alex system.
- Get out your grill. It should be clean and ready to go. If you’re looking for great grilling recipes, check out our blog – you’ll find a multitude of delicious grilling recipes.
- Shape your decorations and your menu around the theme of the Fourth of July. For example, choosing a red, white and blue theme is easy. You can save money by bringing out your red Valentine’s or Christmas items. Or, head to your local party store for themed decor.
- Decide whether you’re providing all the food, or if you’ll have guests bring something. If you’re hosting a potluck, you can specify what you need or let your guests bring what they want. Be sure to check out our terrific recipes on our blog.
- Don’t forget dessert! This is one area you can be creative – create a dessert that goes with your theme. Red, white and blue desserts are always fun!
- Create a fun drink for your guests. Mix up some punch and garnish it with skewers of blueberries, strawberries and star shaped pineapple.
- Have extra towels on hand for those who forgot them.
- If children are at your party, have a selection of pool toys.
- Provide lots of water and sunscreen. Remember – guests can still get sunburned on a cloudy day! Add shade options with umbrellas placed around the pool.
- Take the time to plan your party so everyone enjoys a good time and a safe time. Pick a Water Watcher. This is an adult in charge of watching the pool, especially the children playing in it. Stop by one of our three locations and pick up your Water Watcher tag. We recommend changing this adult out frequently so you have fresh eyes watching the pool.
Your classic Fourth of July barbecue and pool party is going to be the best day ever. Enjoy good friends, good food, family, and good fun.
Enjoy your time off from work as you celebrate our Independence Day!
For some of your guests, this may be their last chance to hang out around the pool, so let Ultra Modern help make your party a success!
Need more seating? Want to spruce up your patio? Looking for a new grill? We can help. Stop by one of our three locations and let us help you outfit your backyard.