January 3, 2019
How to Smoke Ice for Cocktails
The new trend in specialty drinks is preparing them with your grill. And, it’s never been easier to infuse a smoky flavor into your favorite drinks.
Smoking ice adds another depth of flavor. It’s not hard to do, and it brings body and depth to your favorite drink. You can stir, shake or pour with smoked ice! Here’s how to smoke ice for cocktails.
How to Smoke Ice for a Cocktail:
- Add water or fruit juice to a large and shallow baking sheet.
- Set temperature to smoke and preheat with the lid closed for 10-15 minutes.
- Smoke liquid for about an hour.
- Pour smoked liquid on ice cube trays and freeze
- You can add fruit chunks such as pineapple or pomegranate seeds, or herbs like rosemary or basil.
How to Make Smoked Juice/Herb Ice Cubes:
- Smoke fruit, herbs, or spices and add them to ice trays.
- Squeeze juice from fruit like grapefruit and add herbs to create ice from juice
- Freeze cubes big or small, freeze juice, herbs or make plain smoked ice.
Don’t have a Traeger grill? Request your quote today!