Unplug and Engage with Family Time
Even with circumstances of the past year (COVID-19) forcing many of us to spend more time at home, it can still be hard to have quality family time. School, activities, work and school from home, digital distractions, and other things can get in the way.
While our days may be framed differently, and you’re still exhausted when your head hits the pillow at night, you still want to spend time with your family.
In this article we explore how to unplug and engage with family time. It’s a great stress reliever, builds strong relationships, and makes everyone feel better.
Benefits of Family Time
How does unplugging and engaging benefit all the members of your family? Research shows that families who schedule in family time have children who generally earn better grades in school and are less likely to get involved with dangerous behavior.
In addition, research shows that getting siblings together helps them learn how to relate to other people of all ages, encourages sharing, and strengthens family bonds.
Plus, family time provides a positive influence on your children, showing them how to be good parents on their own some day.
Family Time is Healthy Time
When you unplug and leave digital distractions indoors, you can head outdoors to spend family time in your hot tub. This is so much better than time spent staring at a smartphone or televisions.
The more time you spend with your kids, the more influence you’ll have over their future decisions. You can set an example by making healthy choices around and for your children.
Here’s How to Unplug and Enjoy Family Time
We encourage you to spend this time in your hot tub! Here are a few ideas:
- Make it a game. You can play games like 20 Questions, Who Am I?, and even talent contests while sitting in the hot tub.
- Bring your own board game to the hot tub. Consider some of the travel size games that are easy to transport. If they are mostly plastic, all the better because you don’t have to worry about them getting wet.
- Have a book club. You can either read a story, or you can listen to a book on tape. Don’t forget there is no age limit on this. Listening to books is great for all ages. And what better place to do this than in the comfort of your hot tub. After you’re done reading, have a discussion like a regular book club.
- Enjoy an outdoor movie night. You can watch a movie from the comfort of your hot tub. Some ideas include having a television outside, setting up your large iPad, hanging a curtain, or using an outdoor wall and projecting it. Let a different family member pick the movie each time.
- Have a hot tub race. Grab plastic ducks or floating boats and have a hot tub race. Winner gets a special treat.
- Star gaze. Grab your favorite star gazing book and work with your family to find all the constellations. This can be really soothing on a bright, clear night.
Is your daily routine leaving you without the family time you want and need? Now is the perfect time to make a change!
Schedule your family activities and make sure everyone has it on their calendar. This is the best way to make sure family time happens on a regular basis.
Add your hot tub (water is always a great add), and everyone will enjoy family time even more.
Need a hot tub? Come see us today or contact us here!