Vacation Treat Your Pool in Six Steps
Are you going away for vacation? Worried about what your pool will look like when you return? It’s time to vacation treat your pool.
This is a busy time of year – you’re having a super time in your pool, but you’ve decided to take the family on a trip. You probably want to make sure your pool is ready to use when you get back!
In this blog post, we’re going to share how to vacation treat your pool in six steps. You’ll minimize your chances of getting algae in your pool while you are gone. Plus, when you return, your pool is waiting and ready for more family fun!
Follow these steps to vacation treat your pool:
- STEP 1: Bring in a sample of your pool water in to Ultra Modern Pool & Patio for testing a couple of days before you are going to leave.
- STEP 2: If the water is not balanced, adjust it with the necessary chemicals. Ultra Modern Pool & Patio’s water care department can tell you what you need.
- STEP 3: Use BurnOut® 3 or BurnOut 35® (according to label directions) to remove swimmer wastes and restore water sparkle.
- STEP 4: Continue circulating the pool water (pump should run at least 12 hours each day).
- STEP 5: If the pool uses a skimmer, make sure that there are one to two fresh Silk Sticks or Smart Silk Sticks in the skimmer basket before leaving for one week.
- STEP 6: To help prevent algae from occurring while the pool is unattended, add 16 ounces of BioGuard® Back-Up® Algae Inhibitor for every 25,000 gallons of pool water for each week that the pool will be unattended. See example below:
|Time Gone||Pool Size
||Back-up Algae Inhibitor Amount|
|1 week||25,000 gals.||16 ounces|
|2 weeks||25,000 gals.||32 ounces|
|1 week||12,000 gals.||8 ounces|
|2 weeks||12,000 gals.||16 ounces|
The above dosage ensures that there is enough Back-Up in the water. In certain instances a pool may experience some foaming. This is normal and will dissipate with time.
If your pool is left unattended for more than one week, it is a good idea to have a professional pool service check on it. Ultra Modern Pool & Patio can do this for you for a nominal fee. Call our service department for pricing.
NOTE: If you use Visions or Nature II on your pool – use Algae All 60 instead of Backup.
NOTE: Always follow label directions and manufacturer’s instructions for each product used. Conditions may vary from pool to pool. Ultra Modern Pool & Patio does not assume any responsibility or liability for the results that may be obtained through utilization of this or any other program, procedure or product.
Need help? Contact us today!