Why Building a Pool This Fall is a Good Idea
While building a swimming pool at any time is a wonderful thing, there is one time that stands out, and that is autumn. Many people think spring or summer is the best time to build a pool, and they are great times, but when you build a pool in the fall or even winter, you have a leg up on the swimming season.
Let’s look at why building a pool this fall is a good idea.
10 Good Reasons
Many homeowners don’t think of fall as being prime pool-installation time, but there are 10 advantages to doing it as the leaves all. Let’s check them out:
- The most important reason is that by putting your pool in during the fall, you are ready to go once the temperature changes in the spring. This means you enjoy your pool while others look at a dug-up backyard and wait to swim.
- Putting your pool in at the end of the year means you may be eligible for a home improvement deduction sooner on your taxes.
- Since you aren’t building in the spring or summer (the height of the season), you have better luck finding someone to put your pool in a timely fashion.
- Your construction team will be happier because it’s cooler outside.
- Landscaping is easy in the fall. You can get your beds designed and ready to go, even planting shrubs, perennials, and bulbs. Then, come spring, all you have to do is slip in some annuals.
- Your pool builder may be able to negotiate better deals for you since it’s not right in the middle of the summer.
- Springtime is notorious for pool delays due to the weather. Too much rain and they can’t put in your pool. Do it in the fall, and you avoid the rainy season.
- You have more time to build a deck around your pool.
- Your yard has a chance to recover before spring.
- You can rest easy all winter knowing that in just a few months, you can open that pool.
Are you ready for the incredible experience of building a pool and adding a lifetime of backyard memories? Contact us today! We can’t wait to help you get started.
Be sure and check out our inground swimming pool calculator to get an idea of what you’re looking at. We can answer any of your questions at any time!
Main contact us form on contact page