5 Things to Consider When Buying a Hot Tub
When you consider a hot tub, there’s a lot to think about!
Purchasing a hot tub is an investment, and oftentimes the process can feel overwhelming. We find it helps our customers to work through a checklist when considering the most important aspects of their new hot tub.
If you can’t decide on a hot tub, here’s what to consider when it comes to prioritizing what you want most in your perfect hot tub.
In this article, we look at the following three categories:
- How much do you want to spend?
- What size hot tub do you want for your space and budget?
- Why do you want a hot tub?
#1: How Much Should You Spend?
Depending on the brand and style of the hot tub, you can spend as little as $3,000 or more than $15,000. Just like most things in life, the higher the price, the more luxury you’ll experience in your hot tub.
More expensive hot tubs are often bigger and include the latest technologies, the highest quality materials, lighting, and water features.
While you may pay more upfront for a quality hot tub, you’ll ultimately save on maintenance fees and unforeseen headaches in the future. Check out this video for more information.
Here’s What to Consider
Now that you’ve watched the video, here are some important things for you to consider when looking for your new hot tub.
- Look for higher-density foam materials for stronger insulation.
- Ask about water care systems like the Fresh Water Salt System. These types of systems require minimal effort on your part to keep your water fresh and clean.
- Always buy from a reputable dealer who will be around for the long haul to offer your hot tub services like maintenance and expert service.
In addition, there are a few more things to look for when it comes to adding a high-quality hot tub to your backyard:
- Look at your backyard to see if you have the hard, flat surface you need to hold the weight of a hot tub.
- Decide if you need to build a new platform or pour a concrete pad.
- Consider how you’ll install the hot tub. Is it easy to get into your backyard, or do you need a crane to lift it in place?
- Don’t forget to look at hot tub accessories like stairs and cover lifters.
- Decide if you need audio and video options.
#2: What Size Hot Tub Should I Buy?
Aside from budget, choosing the right size hot tub is one of the most important decisions you can make.
Your hot tub size will help you maximize your hot tub experience and usage.
First, measure the size of your space. This will give you an idea of how much space you have. You want plenty of room to walk around your hot tub as well.
In addition, don’t forget where you’re placing your hot tub. Do you have enough room to place it nearer your back door? It will help you use it more the closer it is to your home.
#3: How Many Seats Do You Want?
Who will use your hot tub? This is integral to deciding how many seats you need in your new spa.
The best way to enjoy the full experience of therapeutic jets and massages, it’s important for each person to have their own seat.
If you have a family, will be soaking with more than two people, or just want more room, look for a hot tub with at least four seats. You’ll find we have spas that fit two people up to seven people plus.
Also, not all hot tub seats are equal. When you visit our dealership, ask to get into a hot tub to see how it feels. What’s more, some hot tub have traditional seats while others have reclining lounge seats.
#4: Why Do You Want a Hot Tub?
There are so many reasons to add a hot tub to your life. A new spa can improve your lifestyle in so many ways.
Decide what is motivating you to purchase a hot tub. Do you need help with pain relief? Are you looking for help improving your sleep? Looking for stress relief? Want to spend more time with family?
Whatever your motivation, research multiple models to find your perfect hot tub. To help you, here are some of the most common reasons people buy a hot tub:
- Relaxation and stress relief
- For self-care
- To enjoy a daily massage
- For healthier living
- For relief from sports injuries and other aches and pains
- Recovery after intense workouts
- To improve blood circulation
- To help your muscles recover quickly
- For recreation and socializing
Final Thoughts on What to Consider
Now that you’ve considered your budget, the size of the hot tub, and the purpose of adding a hot tub to your home, you’re ready to start the process.
We are here for you every step of the way. Contact us today to start the conversation!