Watch a Movie in Your Swimming Pool
There’s nothing more fun than watching a movie in your backyard. Setting up a screen in your yard isn’t hard to do, and you can bet your kids, friends and family will love it.
But, what if you took it one step further and had a Dive-In Movie Night?
What’s this? This is where you set up a screen in your backyard and let everyone watch the movie from the pool. They can stay in the water or hang out on a float. And, for those who don’t want to get wet, they can still watch from dry land.
Just imagine the backyard memories!
In this article, we look at how to watch a movie in a swimming pool this weekend.
Here’s What You Need
- Laptop or DVD player and a Table or to sit it on
- Projector Screen or large wall that functions as a backdrop
- Your favorite movie
- Pool Floats or other comfortable seating
- Some great snacks
Here’s How to Set It Up
You either need a flat surface like a large wall or a projector screen to watch your movie on. You can also hang a white sheet to the wall as your screen. Just make sure it’s securely on the wall so it doesn’t move in the wind.
Get a projector. You can either borrow one or buy one of your own. You should be able to find one for $100 or less. Do make sure you also have the cables you need to hook it up to your laptop.
Make sure your projector is in a safe place. You don’t want it near the pool in case someone bumps into it.
You want to add some external speakers to your laptop as its speakers won’t be loud enough. Consider portable outdoor speakers for the best sound.
Finally, make sure you have enough floats for those who want to watch from the pool and chairs for everyone else on your pool deck.
Set up a movie refreshment stand to give your backyard theater a drive-in feel.
Tips to Make the Night Run Smoothly
- Tie a rope across your pool so your movie watchers can hang on to it as their pool floats start drifting
- Measure the correct distance and test it to make sure everyone can see your screen.
- Consider floats with drink holders so it’s easier for your guests.
- Keep the food out of the pool. Your guests can pop out for a little popcorn.