What’s Better? A Hot Tub or a Sauna?
Have you ever wondered about buying a hot tub or a sauna? Ever wondered which one is better? We uncover more about both of these perfect tools for wellness and relaxation.
While they are tools to improve your life, they are similar in some ways and different in others. In fact, we have many customers who own both.
Hot Tubs and Saunas are Similar
Both of these products provide a similar function. They help you relax and are therapeutic because they use heat. You’ll feel better using either one of these. You can also help alleviate muscle soreness and body aches and pains.
You can also relax in either one alone as a quiet place to reflect on your day.
Both a hot tub and a sauna can help you sleep better. They can both help alleviate back, neck, and shoulder pain.
Hot Tubs and Saunas are Different
Now let’s look at how they are different. Aside from the obvious that one is filled with water and one uses steam, there are a few other differences to be aware of.
- A hot tub generally lives in your backyard. It can be a focal point of your outdoor decor, and you can choose your color, lighting, etc.
- A hot tub provides the sound of bubbling water in your backyard, which is also relaxing.
- You can watch TV or listen to music in your hot tub.
- A sauna usually lives in your home. This might be conveniently located in your exercise room or bedroom.
- While saunas are also aesthetically pleasing, they aren’t a focal point of your backyard.
- A hot tub offers massage using your spa jets and hydrotherapy. It can improve circulation, reduce pain, and even provide relief for arthritis sufferers
Together Time Can Be Had in Both
A hot tub makes a perfect romantic getaway or relaxing retreat in the great outdoors. You can also spend time together in a sauna.
Hot tubs are better for children and teens as saunas can run too hot for this age category. In addition, you can play games, watch tv, and simply talk while you soak in a hot tub. You can do this in a sauna, but you may find that closing your eyes in a sauna is perfect.
So, What’s the Best Choice?
Hot tubs and saunas both offer health benefits! The choice is really a personal one. One allows you to soak in a tub of water while one allows you to soak in a hot, steamy environment.
Both will require your attention to regular maintenance tasks for optimum results. Your choice depends on your goals. To get more information, stop by one of our three locations. We can help you decide what’s better for your budget, your needs, and your lifestyle. You just may decide you want both!