April 19, 2019
Ever wondered how hot tubs affect the environment? In honor of Earth Day and Hot Spring Spas, we look at the built-in green features of Hot Spring Spas!
The Origins of Earth Day
Earth Day is celebrated every year on April 22 with events held worldwide to show support for environmental protection. First celebrated in 1970, it is now coordinated on a global scale by the Earth Day Network. Nearly 200 countries celebrate Earth Day.
What do Earth Day and Hot Spring Spas have in common? Well, you probably already care about clean water and saving energy, so Earth Day comes naturally to you. What you may not know is that Hot Springs Spas have many features that work to take care of our environment. Let’s look at the green features of Hot Spring Spas:
Not only will you save energy with the Energy Smart system, but you’ll save money. With Hot Spring Spas’ Energy Smart® system, each spa is built with a combination of energy-efficient features that simultaneously provide you lower operating costs and the best value over time.
The Energy Smart Spa:
You can enjoy lower monthly operating costs with Hot Spring Spas energy-efficient spas. Here’s how Hot Spring Spas makes your spa energy-efficient:
- Totally insulating every Highlife Collection model with multiple layers of high density, polyurethane foam that’s also used to insulate commercial freezers
- Using the innovative FiberCor™ insulation in the Limelight Collection models, which fills the cabinet completely to a density that is 4 times greater than the ½ lb. foam used on most spas
- Manufacturing all spa covers to ensure a custom-fit and tight seal to lock in warm air, and have a dense foam core with a high R-value for insulation
- Continuously circulating spa water with the SilentFlo 5000® circulation pump that uses less energy than a 40-watt light bulb
- The powerful WaveMaster® jet pumps dedicated to powering the jets and are only activated when you need them
- The SmartJet® system lets you direct power only to the jets you choose, for less horsepower and energy
- Heaters maximize the transfer of heat to the water for maximum efficiency
- Dimmer-controlled LED lights that use less energy than a standard light bulb in all models
The Earth Smart® Spa
Hot Spring® builds some of the most environmentally friendly spas on the market. Each one is designed with our environmental footprint in mind.
The FreshWater Salt System:
The FreshWater Salt System uses fewer chemicals than traditional water care, reducing harsh odors for softer-feeling water that is gentler on eyes and skin.
With fewer additives needed, the water can stay clean for a full year before it needs to be drained and refilled. This conserves water, saves money and reduces time previously spent on complicated water care.
In addition, Hot Spring Spas has made an environmental commitment when it comes to their manufacturing with:
- Projects for energy reductions that significantly decreased carbon dioxide emissions — the equivalent of planting 374 acres of trees.
- Enhancements to their water system controls that save over 1 million gallons of water each year.
- Recycling over 2.5 million pounds of materials each year.
- Wrapping each Hot Spring spa in material containing approximately 50% post-consumer recycled content that is 100% recyclable.
- Producing their own power 24/7 that uses clean-burning natural gas and much more!
Hot Spring Spas also meet California Energy Commission standards, and they won the ENVY Award for energy-efficient hot tub design.
If you’re ready to discover Hot Spring Spas, stop by one of our three locations and see them up close!
Or, contact us below!