You’re here! That means you’ve been dreaming about your very own backyard pool, and you’re ready to start looking at the five steps to building a pool.
If you’re like us, there are so many reasons you want a swimming pool and backyard retreat. It may be because you want to relax more, or you want a built-in exercise “facility” in your backyard. Perhaps it’s because you want a swimming pool for your own year long staycation. Or you want a pool because your kids would love, you want to swim laps, or you want to have swim parties every weekend.
Well, the good news is, whatever your reason, at Ultra Modern, we are here to guide you every step of the way and build you a new pool!
First, let’s look at the first steps to building a pool to get you started.
Step #1: Choose Your Pool Type
Step number one in your journey to a new pool is deciding what type of pool you want. To figure this out, you want to consider a few things:
- Your budget – how much you have to spend (this can be cash, credit, or financing).
- The size of your backyard – this informs how big of a pool you can put in your yard. This is dependent of course on your budget, too.
- Your landscaping – is there anything we need to work around.
- Your personal taste – do you want a rectangular, round, kidney shaped, geometric, or free form swimming pool?
During this step you can also decide whether you’d like an inground pool, an above ground pool, or an Endless Pool fitness system.
Now, if you’ve already done your research, and you know just what kind of pool you want, you can move on to step three. If you aren’t quite sure, you can peruse our website and check out Pinterest, and even Houzz. Or you can stop by, and we can walk you through some choices.
Step #2: Think About Special Features
You’ve chose the shape, size, and depth of your pool, but have you considered any additional accessories or features?
During this step, consider fire features, water features, lighting, diving boards, sports add-ons, and more. Don’t forget to think about swim up bars, outdoor kitchens, your pool surface, and decking options.
This is also a great time to think about whether you want to add a hot tub at the same time! Isn’t building a pool fun!
Step #3: Choose Your Pool Builder
It’s time to pick your swimming pool builder. Do your research so you can choose a pool builder you’re happy with.
At Ultra Modern, we are your Wichita area expert pool builders. We’ve been in business for more than 65 years, and you can trust us with your new backyard retreat!
Step #4: Get Your Building Permits
This is an easy one to check off your list. It’s a must, though, and not a step you can skip. Permits ensure your pool is built right and safely. Don’t skip this step, or the city/county may give you a fine.
Once you have your permit, it’s time to start building your dream pool.
If you need help with this, just ask us!
Step #5: Excavate and Build
One you choose your pool builder, they present you with a pool plan. You can they agree to it, and it’s time to dig and start building a pool.
Your backyard paradise is right around the corner! Here are the steps in the pool construction process:
- We dig the hole in your backyard.
- Next comes steel work, electrical, and plumbing as we install power and water lines.
- We install the concrete, fiberglass, or vinyl shell.
- It’s time to build the decking, finish, custom features, and landscaping.
- It’s a celebration! We add water and chemicals to your pool, and start all the mechanical.
- Finally, it’s time for orientation where we show you how to use the parts of your pool and take care of it.
Final Thoughts on Building a Pool
We’ve broken down the five steps to building a pool, and you’re ready to dive in. Please remember that you can start step one by giving us a call! We are here to guide you through the process and help you make your decisions along the way. Feel free to call us, stop by, or complete the form below.
We can’t wait to help you make your pool dreams come true!
Inground Pool Quote Request
"*" indicates required fields